It's all Greek to me!
How to ...
- Kaliméra – Good morning
- Kalispéra - Good evening
- Giá – Hello or Goodbye
- Pos se léne? – What's your name?
- Efharistó - Thank you
- Ne - Yes
- Óchi - No
- Ti óra íne? – What's the time?
- Símera - Today
- Ávrio - Tomorrow
order food in Greek...
- Tavérna – A small restaurant serving traditional cuisine
- Brizóla – Steak
- Paidákia – Grilled lamb chops
- Souvláki – Small pieces of meat and sometimes vegetables on a skewer
- Kotópoulo – Chicken
- Psitó – A method for roasting meat in the oven
- Sofríto - Trad. corfu meal
- Stifádo – A stew, typically made from meat, tomatoes, onions and herbs
- Kalamarákia -
- Tsipoúra – Sea bream
- Tzatzíki – A sauce made out of strained yogurt, cucumbers and garlic
- Horiátiki – Traditional Greek salad
- Féta – A rich cheese made from sheep or goat’s milk and cured in brine
- Psomí - Bread
- Yiaoúrti – Yogurt
- Proinó - Breakfast
- avgá - Eggs
- Méli – Honey
- Kali órexi – “Bon appétit!”
order drinks in Greek...
- Oúzo – An anise-flavored aperitif widely consumed in the country
- Metaxá – A distilled spirit that is a blend of brandy, spices and wine
- Retsína – A white or rosé resonated wine
- Bíra - Beer
- Krasí - Wine
- Neró - Water
- Gia sas – “Cheers!”
order coffee & desserts in Greek...
- Frappé – A foam-covered iced coffee drink made from instant coffee
- Tsái - Tea
- Froutosaláta -
- Pagotó - Ice Cream